So I figured that I'd compile a list of our slightly cheaper nights out, because the cheaper they are, the more we can afford to do...
1. Concerts in Nightclub venues - Being at university we're often offered great events for cheaper than the usual cost. Therefore we get good music at a good price, which is a good night out. We've been lucky to go see Professor Green in a club night and he was brilliant! (There he is somewhere over there >>)
2. Orange Wednesday - Orange Wednesday codes are literally the saviour of student nights out. Down here Wednesday nights are packed and can get fairly expensive (although, if you fancy a night out, they really good fun!) so a night a the cinema is a great alternative. Pair up, pick a good film and enjoy!
|A toddler in a ball pit. (Photo credit: Wikipedia) We were somewhat like this!|
4. Go early - If there is a certain night out that you are desperate to attend, get your name on the guest list (usually there's one floating around on Facebook), get down there before guest list closes...it'll be cheaper and if all else fails, chat the promoter up for cheaper entry/cheaper drinks deals/any other freebies that they might be able to throw in - if you don't ask, you definitely won't get!
5. Hold a Movie Night - Fairly self explanatory. Sh*t food, duvets, cuddles and a good movie. Add in extra games of twister/cartwheeling down the hallway at obscene hours and you have a pretty much perfect night in.
6. Concerts anywhere - Although reading this (the last concert I went to...) might slightly put you off...
7. Try Something new - At Christmas, we went ice skating as a fairly large group. It was fun, different and had it not rained would have been pretty much perfect. We did land up in a bar with Happy Hour after but hey, you can't go wrong with 2-4-1 cocktails!
Comment below if you can think of any other cheaper nights out, the more alternative the better!