Sometimes you just need chocolate, either for yourself or as a gift for a friend or family (especially with Easter just around the corner) and today I have the perfect recipe for homemade Oreo truffles that are so simple and easy, you'll find yourself making them up to snack on yourself...
All that you need:
- 300g of Oreo Biscuits
- 150g of Cream Cheese.
- 1tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate for coating
All that you need to do:
- Check the biscuits in a bowl and crush until you have a bowl of crumbs. I did mine with a rolling pin which was a great stress buster.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese and vanilla extract.
- Add a third of the crumbs to the cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Add another third and repeat.
- Add more crumbs until the mixture seems unable to take any more crumbs. (You may find that this is not all of your biscuit.)
- Roll into balls and place in the fridge to cool.
- Melt the chocolate for coating by placing a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water,
- Dip the balls into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and place in the fridge.
- Serve and Enjoy!!