|Jamie Oliver's Moshi Monster|
Counterpart - Jammie Olive
The recipe was one of the simplest ever and I was shocked that I enjoyed them so much. Thankyou Jamie Oliver, creator of these veg-cakes...!
Jamie Oliver is well know as that guy who promotes healthy food and singlehandedly sorted out our school dinners to get them healthy. Jamie's back and has teamed up with Moshi Monsters (Anyone with kids/who knows kids/has an awareness of the outside world will know that they are something pretty major in the world of children) in a attempt to continue to promote healthy eating among kids.
I obviously don't have kids, but I do have several flatmates who are all students that love eating somewhat unhealthy foods so I thought we could all benefit from getting more vegetables into us.
What do you need for the Butternut Squash cakes?
- 200g of butternut squash with the skin on
- 150g of plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 175g soft brown sugar
|The Finished product.|
- A handful of walnuts
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
-75g of sour cream
- 1tbsp of icing sugar
- Seeds from one vanilla pod
All that you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4
- Throw the Squash into the food processor. Blend until chopped finely.
-Add the flour, eggs, sugar, baking powder, walnuts, cinnamon and Olive oil.
- Blend again to bring ingredients together.
- Spoon into cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. (Or a skewer comes out clean)
- Whilst they cool down you can begin to make the icing.
- Mix the sour cream, icing sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod. (To get them slice down the middle and scrape out)
- Ice the cool cupcakes.
What do you think? Would you try this? Have you got any other hidden vegetable recipes to share?
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post. I received a hamper with all the ingredients to be able to try the recipe however all views are my own.