All that you need for 6 mini sponges:
- 8tbsps Self Raising Flour
- 8tbsps Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsps Butter/margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of Lemon Curd. ( I used the 'luxury lemon curd' by The English Provender Co. a smooth, yellow and massively citrus-y curd. Perfect for this recipe!)
All that you need for the filling:
- Lemon Curd
- 1tbsp Butter
- 2tbsp Icing Sugar
All that you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 180'c and grease a muffin tray to make the sponges.
- Cream the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and lemon curd together until well combined and fluffy.
- Place mixture in the trays, about half full so that there is space for the cake to rise.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes (keep an eye on the cakes. Once they're cooked they don't take long to burn... as demonstrated in mine...)
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Make the butter cream by creaming the butter and icing sugar, multiplying the mixture as necessary.
- Slice each cake in half.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the bottom half and spread the top half with lemon curd.
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post. I was gifted some of the ingredients to celebrate National Afternoon Tea Week